Job ID 19712
The Assistant will occasionally operate the main controls on the drilling rig; and assists in managing the crew on shift to ensure they follow Company Policy and Procedure.
The Assistant Driller reports to the Driller and Rig Manager and communicates with the 3rd party services contractors on the drill floor.
- Operate rig floors controls,
- Run or assist in running special tools into the hole,
- Constant lookout for unsafe conditions or acts,
- Document daily activities in the Tour Report,
- Assist the Driller in providing on the job training to all crew personnel in all aspects of operations,
- Help the Driller lead crew meetings on Safe Work Procedures,
- Supervise crew on shift during various activities through progressing of well,
- Follow company procedures for hiring, progressive discipline and termination,
- Supervise crew during rig up/out operations. Assist trucking companies with equipment spotting,
- Assist the Driller in getting the Rig Manager information on parts required and maintaining rig supplies and,
- Report and investigate with the Rig Manager all accidents on his shift.
- Learn and adhere to all Company, Customer and Government Safety Policy, Procedures and Practices and Regulations.