Job ID 2529
Maersk is very interested in receiving applications from qualified experienced seafarers for the above listed position for Container Vessels.
A key position in the world’s largest Container Shipping company. You will have challenging opportunities to contribute with and develop your competencies on technically advanced vessels with the best and latest machinery. You will also have the chance to influence and optimize efficiency and procedures in line with increasing empowerment of our vessels.
The Third Engineer has the following specific responsibilities:
- Perform engine room watch-keeping duties when required
- Perform work routines in his/her area of responsibility and as directed by the Chief Engineer and/or Second Engineer
- Maintain generator engines and fuel injection equipment as required by the PMS and as directed by the Chief Engineer and Second Engineer
- Ensure that the generator engines are well maintained for optimum performance and fuel consumption. Report any breakdown, failure or deviation to the Chief Engineer and Second Engineer
- Check stock of Generator and fuel injector spare parts to ensure minimum requirements is kept at all times
- Maintain order and cleanliness in the generator engine room(s) and in other work areas
- Perform routine and maintenance activities, including breakdown maintenance, as directed by the Chief Engineer and/or Second Engineer
- Ensure chemicals are used safely and as per Material Safety Data Sheet instruction
- Instruct and supervise in the use of safety, environmental protection, firefighting and lifesaving equipment
- Understand the importance of briefing and debriefing to ensure efficient teamwork.
- Supervision of personnel in his/her charge including:
o Health and safety.
o Environmental protection.
o Use of manuals and procedures.
We are looking for
At least 6 months seatime* in rank experience on vessels with UMS and minimum 20000 BHP engine size
A.P. Moller – Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
- Romania Constanta Local Seafarers