1. What is more important to you money or success?
2. Who are your heroes?
3. You are not given the tools you need to be successful. How would you change that As 2nd Engineer?
4. How do you propose to compensate for your lack of experience?
5. What experience do you have As 2nd Engineer?
6. How do you stay organized?
7. What kind of work interests you the least As 2nd Engineer?
8. How would your chief and crew members describe you?
9. Do you work well within a team?
10. Have you ever been caught stealing, or better yet, have you ever stole anything?
11. What is the most irritating thing you’ve experienced about your crew members?
12. What problems have you encountered at work?
13. How do you adapt to new working environments As 3rd Engineer?
14. Why are you leaving last job?
15. Can you describe your ideal chief/master?
16. How do you think you might fit this position As 2nd Engineer?
17. What motivates you at the ship?
18. How do you measure success?
19. How does your present position differ from past ones?
20. What’s your management style?
21. How have you made an impact on your team in the past?
22. How did you become interested in this field/industry?
23. Describe your work ethic?
24. What is the difference between a big ego and a healthy ego?
25. If you were interviewing someone for this position As 2nd Engineer, what traits would you look for?
26. Do you value recognition or pay more? Why?
27. Do you like being around people?
28. How would your former employer describe you?
29. What type of mentors do you seek out and why?
30. What differentiates this company from other competitors?
31. What are some of the things that you and your chief engineer disagree upon and how do you resolve them? What do you do when you are pressed for a decision?
32. What motivates you to succeed?
33. How do you feel about this company’s vision?
34. What differentiates you from the competition?
35. Do you work well on a team? How would you define teamwork?
36. How do you deal with pressure or stressful situations?
37. Why do you want to join our company?
38. What was the most difficult employee situation you found yourself As 2nd Engineer? How did you overcome the problem?
39. Who are your role models? Why?
40. How do you inspire others to be better?
41. If I talked to your three biggest fans, who would they be and why?
42. If you have seven white socks and nine black socks in a drawer, how many socks do you have to pull out blindly in order to ensure that you have a matching pair?
43. How do you prioritize your work initiatives As 2nd Engineer?
44. What are three positive character traits you don’t have?
45. Did the salary we offer attract you to this job?
46. What types of situations do you consider „unfixable”?
47. How do you continue learning on a daily basis? Why is continuous improvement necessary As 2nd Engineer?
48. What skills do you bring to the table?
49. Why are you the best fit for this job As 2nd Engineer?
50. What are ideas or initiatives you’ve led and what was the outcome?
51. Do you have good computer skills?
52. There’s no right or wrong answer, but if you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
53. What does „thinking outside the box” mean to you?
54. How do you keep each member of the team involved and motivated?
55. What aspect of watchkeeping do you find the most difficult?
56. Do you have any question regarding this job As 2nd Engineer?
57. What do you know about engine department?
58. How do you ensure all of your work gets accomplished in a productive manner?
59. How do you handle stressful situations?
60. What techniques and tools do you use to keep yourself organized As 2nd Engineer?
61. What’s a time you exercised leadership?
62. What’s the most rewarding work you’ve ever done and why?
63. Why are you leaving your current job?
64. Explain an occasion when you had to adapt in the face of a difficult situation?
65. If you had to choose one, would you consider yourself a big-picture person or a detail-oriented person?
66. What do you look for in terms of culture – structured or entrepreneurial?
67. Explain me about a time when you reached a goal within a tight deadline?
68. What does quality work mean to you?
69. Describe a typical work week for this position As 2nd Engineer?
70. What do you think we could do better or differently?