1. What is the difference between a normal main engine (old) and an electronic one (new).
2. What is the combustion pressure of an engine?
3. Why does an engine start at 10-30 bar if the combustion pressure is 80-90 bar?
4. What VIT and the rack represent, where they are located, how they work and what works in an injection pump.
5. Have you participated in a overhaul of the main engine? How to disassemble a main bearing from an engine, step by step the whole procedure from establishing safety measures to proper disassembly.
6. What Rotocaps is and what I use it for.
7. What are the safety systems equipped on an engine that are operated in case of an explosion inside it.
8. MAN electronic engine – general.
9. MAN engine, type ME – ECS adjustment, NOX, commissioning tests.
10. How is safety energy done?
11. What is specific fuel consumption and how fuel calculate?
12. What is the difference between Mitsui MAN b&w and Hitachi MAN b&w engines?
1. How to overhaul to a DG?
2. In this situation, we have an auxiliary motor where the exhaust valves are broken. How do you act if we have a spare cylinder head, what are the checks you need to do before installing the spare cylinder head?.
3. Why it is necessary to adjust the valves regularly. In this situation: we have an auxiliary motor for which the valves have been adjusted to 0.3 after a period of operation, the value suddenly increases to 0.5, what are the causes and what can happen if it continues to work like this?
4. What does 7L67GFCA stands for an marine engine MITSUI B&W 7L67GFCA?
5. Have you worked with auxiliary engines equipped with a fog detector in the crankcase? In this situation: you are on watch, an alarm is coming to one of the sensors, you go down to the engine room. What do you do, how do you check and what do you think happened? After all the checks and everything is fine, the alarm still comes, what are the causes and how do you act?
6. Problems with connecting rod and main bearings – DG.
7. Honing process – DG.
8. Problems with cylinder liners – measurements.
9. Why do we have water in DG lubricating oil, what is the maximum allowable value of water in oil, how do we fix the situation?
10. Why do we have high viscosity in a DG’s lubricating oil, what are the causes?
11. What can be the cause of the increase in temperature on all cylinders of a DG.
12. What can be the cause of the temperature rise on one of the cylinders of a DG.
13. What is motor bike c.c.?
1. What is most important about boiler water, what analyzes do we do, why do we do bottom extraction?
2. What are the types of analysis for boiler water?
3. What type of substances are used to treat boiler water?
4. Why steam traps are installed in the steam lines?
1. What types of separators have you worked with and what are the differences between them (refers to the constructive parts): how the bowl is dismantled, as well as how the water is distributed.
2. What to do at the oil separator to reduce the water in the lubricating oil of a DG.
3. OWS 15 ppm – description.
4. What are the functions of paring disc and flow control disc in purifier and clarifier?
1. How many steps does a Main Air Compressor have? In the present situation: on stage 2 the pressure increases very suddenly. What are the main reasons why the pressure has increased?
1. What is pour point, flash point. What fuel parameters do we receive when we bunkering?
2. When we get to the ship, where do we find the bunkering instructions?
3. What have we heard about the new rules for the new type of low sulfur fuel, which is the minimum sulfur content?
4. Noxes and the new fuel from 2020.
1. When and how are oil samples sent for analysis?
1. What is the air pressure in the main air bottles?
2. What is your experience on cranes?
3. What is the thrust bearing and where is it located?
4. If you have worked with shaft generator, superheater, frequency inverter, etc.
5. In ship cranes, there is a provision of providing a conveyor for the cable. There is no provision of slip ring. How is it possible?
6. What is the purpose of o-ring, wearings in the centrifugal pumps?
1. IMO and Marpol rules.
2. What is ISM?
3. How did I do ISM in my past contracts? When is risk assessment, work permit, etc. done?
4. What is ISO 14001, environmental management system?
1. What are the first steps to take when entering an enclosed space?