1. How do you adapt to new working environments As Second Mate?
2. What five words would be describe you as Second Mate?
3. What position do you prefer on a team working on a project?
4. Tell me about a problem that you’ve solved in a unique or unusual way. What was the outcome? Were you happy or satisfied with it?
5. What critical component of this position As Second Mate makes the work challenging?
6. How did you hear about the position As Second Mate?
7. You notice there are too many non productive internal meetings being held, what do you do?
8. Do you work well within a team?
9. Would you like doing repetitive work?
10. How do you evaluate success As Second Mate?
11. What is your greatest achievement outside of work As Second Mate?
12. If you felt like you were hitting the proverbial „wall” and getting burned out, what would you do to re-energize yourself?
13. When were you most satisfied in your job As Second Mate?
14. What do you see yourself doing within the first 30 days of this job?
15. Do you consider yourself successful?
16. Describe your management style?
17. Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision without all the information you needed. How did you handle it As Second Mate? Why? Were you happy with the outcome?
18. What have you learned from mistakes on the job?
19. What specific steps do you utilize in solving workplace problems?
20. Why do you think you’ll do well at this job?
21. What motivates you the most?
22. Do you know anyone working with this organization?
23. Why did you leave your last job As Second Mate?
24. What is your biggest weakness As Second Mate?
25. How do you propose to compensate for your lack of experience?
26. Why was there a gap in your employment As Second Mate?
27. If you look at a clock and the time is 3:15, what’s the angle between the hour and the minute hands?
28. Who are your role models? Why?
29. How would you impact the company?
30. What are three positive character traits you don’t have?
31. How do you handle repetitive tasks?
32. What are your salary requirements As Second Mate?
33. Do you like being around people?
34. What did you major in and why?
35. What are your personal skills which make you a candidate for the position As Second Mate?
36. What types of books or magazines do you typically read?
37. How do you imagine a typical day of an employee in our company As Second Mate?
38. What will your ramp time be before you become a meaningful contributor?
39. What have you done to reduce costs, increase revenue, or save time?
40. How many tennis balls can you fit into a limousine? 1,000? 10,000? 100,000? Seriously?
41. What’s been your biggest failure to date?
42. How would you estimate the weight of the Chrysler building?
43. What are the qualities of a good leader As Second Mate? A bad leader?
44. How did you find out about this job As Second Mate? What do you know about the job?
45. How do you handle conflicts with people you supervise?
46. How do you feel about this company’s vision?
47. Describe a time where you’ve failed and bounced back?
48. What is your ideal working environment?
49. How meticulous are you with details?
50. Why are manhole covers round?
51. What do you consider to be your weaknesses?
52. What was the most difficult employee situation you found yourself As Second Mate? How did you overcome the problem?
53. Do you have any question regarding this job As Second Mate?
54. What are three positive things your last boss would say about you?
55. What would you do if our competitor offered you a position As Second Mate?
56. Explain me about a time when you reached a goal within a tight deadline?
57. Give me an example of when you competed hard and won?
58. How would you define success?
59. What types of personalities do you work with best?
60. What type of work environment do you prefer?
61. If you had to choose one, would you consider yourself a big-picture person or a detail-oriented person?
62. What does quality work mean to you?
63. What was the biggest professional risk you have taken and what was the outcome?
64. What would your first 30, 60, or 90 days look like in this role As Second Mate?
65. How long will it take for you to make a significant contribution?
66. What’s the most rewarding work you’ve ever done and why?
67. What are your salary expectations As Second Mate?
68. Explain an idea that you have had and have then implemented in practice?
69. Why do you want to work As Second Mate for this organisation?
70. Why are you leaving your current job?