Job ID 18877
The Derrick hand is responsible for maintaining circulation equipment while drilling.
During tripping operations the Derrick Hand works above the rig floor at the monkey board
The Derrick Hand would have worked their way up through the drilling rig positions, have a good knowledge all positions and will relieve the Driller once deemed competent.
- Work on the catwalk or operate the hydraulic catwalks,
- Work and maintain circulation on mud tanks,
- Mix mud & organize mud products,
- Work and maintain pumps,
- Work at heights while tripping and conducting derrick inspections,
- Assist the crew in nipple up procedures,
- Supervise and assist during rig up/out operation,
- Assist in running casing,
- Ensure anyone climbing the derrick uses a full body harness and fall protection above 2 meters,
- Clean and practice good housekeeping in work areas and,
- Assist the Driller in the maintenance of the drilling rig and other equipment.
- Learn and adhere to all Company, Customer and Government Safety Policy, Procedures and Practices and Regulations.