Job ID 18981
The Well Site Safety Coordinator or Site Safety Advisor has a minimum of 2 years oil and gas well field experience and at least 1 year of experience as a Derrick Hand.
Training is essential in the following: First Line BOP, Standard First Aid, H2S and WHMIS and Loader Training (required within three months of assuming the Well Site Safety Coordinator position).
- Implement SOP program and assist in revising old ones.
- Ensure compliance to policies and programs for all individuals reporting to and working on the drilling site.
- Ensure all people entering the site are properly oriented, checking in and out, bringing any problems or irregularities to the attention of the Rig Manager and/or On Site Operators representative
- Assist the Driller, Rig Manager and On Site Operators representative with safe work permits (hot work permits, confined space permits and safety standby), safety inspections and documentation as requested.
- Maintain communications systems and all other equipment associated with the well site gate.
- Manage, in conjunction with the Rig Manager and On Site Operators representative, all materials including rental equipment around the lease.
- Participate in the training & coaching of all crew members.
- Coordinate all loader operations, permitting, and ensure safe operations of mobile equipment.
- Provide assistance to rig crew as directed by Rig Manager (primary role is safety).
- Conduct audits and inspections as prescribed by the Company Safety Department and/or Operators.
- Conduct all site training and orientations.
- Monitor and coordinate S.T.O.P program.(Behavior Observation Program)
- Prepare and conduct site safety meetings and drills.
- Coordinate position specific training programs.
- Coordinate competency based training programs.
- Conduct site accident/near miss investigations and final reports.
- Assist in facilitating any program development or focus with regards to safety from the Operator.
- Learn and adhere to all Company, Customer and Government Safety Policy, Procedures and Practices and Regulations.